It’s been a productive little Sunday. Slept in this morning…cleaned up the house a bit and then joined a gym! It was nice getting back in the pool to swim some laps. The first 10 or so laps were a little torturous but then I got into the swing of things, and actually knocked out my usual 100 laps. Whew!
Tonight’s plans are making dinner….having a glass of wine, and a phone date with one of my very best friends who lives in Chicago!
We’re getting some much needed rain here, so I thought a comfort summer pasta dish sounded good. Plus I need some carbs to refuel!
I’ve seen some hummus pasta dishes floating around and decided to make a recipe of my own.
- 12 oz short pasta (I used farfalle)
- 1 cup frozen artichokes
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 10 oz. fresh or frozen spinach (I used fresh)
- fresh garlic to taste
- 1 small can of black olives
- 2 cups hummus (plus pasta water and/or lemon juice to liquify)
- top with parsley and crushed red pepper
You could also substitute any vegetables or add your favorite protein.
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Sauté, spinach, artichokes, tomatoes and garlic with some evoo
- Drain pasta (save about one cup of pasta water)
- Add olives to vegetables, mix vegetables and pasta
- Cover pasta with hummus ( I used Sabra pine nut) and pasta water, mix thoroughly
- Add parsley, shredded parmesan (I forgot to add this, and it didn’t need it!), and crushed red pepper if you like a little spice
Enjoy with a glass of Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.