This weekend I have been a baking machine!
First, mama pea’s dough balls
then Olive got jealous, so I whipped up a batch of cookies for her
inspired by my organic dog biscuit book
- 1 1/2 c. brown rice flour
- 1 c. oat flour
- 1/2 c. rolled oats
- 1 1/2 c. shredded italian cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. water
- a couple shakes of parsley
- a couple shakes of evoo
Olive says they are good!
Lastly, homemade granola bars…
inspired by this recipe
- 2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. almond milk
- 3 tbsp of agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed, 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- thinly sliced fresh apples
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9″x 13″ baking dish
2. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl
3. In another bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until mixed
5. Add the thinly sliced apples on top, sprinkle with cinnamon
6. Pour into greased baking dish and bake for ~30 minutes
7. Enjoy a glass of wine while you wait!
8. Cool to room temperature before slicing, then eat or individually wrap for saving!
I’m freezing most of them for easy on the go work snacks.
The sweetness is subtle, but I like them, they’re healthy, and I won’t have a sugar crash at work.
mmmmm, what to bake next?