stormy fall sunday afternoon. perfect for a bowl of chili.
- 1 tsp evoo
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 package Boca/morningstar/quorn crumbles (optional)
- 1 can red beans (or kidney beans, but they freak me out)
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup beer (I used Beck’s octoberfest)
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- s and p to taste
Put evoo in pan over medium-high heat, add onion–cook for about 4-5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add peppers, crumbles and spices and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, and beans. Reduce heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add s and p if desired. Top with cheese and sour cream or serve over rice.