Rainy Saturday morning banana bread and cappuccino. Heavenly.
Adapted from Gingerbread Bagels
•1 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• 2 very ripe, mashed bananas
• 1/2 cup vegan sour cream ( I used tofutti brand)
Mix first 4 ingredients in bowl. Melt coconut oil and mix with sugar. Add oil and sugar to dry mixture, mixing well. Add applesauce and extracts. Add bananas, sour cream, and coconut. Pour combined mixture into greased loaf pan (9 x 5) and bake at 325 for 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in loaf pan before slicing. Enjoy! Happy Saturday!